Sunday, May 31, 2020

Cocktail Project-5 of Hearts, New Orleans Buck

The last week has rocked the US with strife.  Protests across the nation, some turning into riots and looting. As a white male, I will never fully understand what African Americans are going through.

Black lives matter.  Don't let anyone dilute this with all lives matter, or anything like that.

I can understand is their anger and thirst for justice.  Most of the protests are peaceful but some valid reports of agitators disturb me.  I pray for everyone to stay safe, and for a peace and justice to come out of this. 

Enough about that, on the the cocktail.

5 of Hearts- New Orleans Buck

A buck is the same family as the trendy Moscow Mule. This one is made with light rum, orange juice,  lime juice and bitters.  It's shaken and served over ice and mixed with ginger ale.

This is a good looking and tasty drink.    My only criticism is I would like more of a ginger flavor.   I can easily correct that with another brand of ginger ale. I will drink this again.

The exact recipe that I used is available by request.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate all messages, so please be paitient and if you didn't leave your name then I won't post your comment.