Friday, May 29, 2020

The 4 of hearts: the Jockey club cocktail and the coming of TROGDOR!!!

This week has been interesting, I've had a recruiter call me and I have to go into work on Monday. Like physically into an office...how bizarre.

I'm waiting for the recruiter to call me back but I'm also not holding my breath. It's another call center job oh, this time in Jersey but with higher pay.  It has something to do with mortgages, so my work at the Title Agency is a plus. 

(BTW- Shout out to the folks at Sterling Title Agency  They are good folks that will do you right.)

Yesterday, I was left a voice mail by my manager asking for a call back.  In this economy this worried me.   She advised me that the email group had to be in the office.   I haven't been there since the third week in March.  I need to get conformable wearing a mask for hours.  I'm making that into  a weekend chore.




Today's cocktail is the Jockey Club

Made with gin, triple sec, bitters, lemon juice and amaretto.   This version is shaken and served with an old fashioned glass with cracked ice. 

It tasted, how should I put it?  It tastes dated, like something old timey but not retro. Maybe i'll try it again at a bar but I won't  make it again,

As for the origins, I'm guessing that this one is either English or French.  Both have Jockey Clubs but the French one is also a club for gentlemen.   If I was to bet on it, I'd bet for France








You read all of that for Trogdor, didn't you?    Well, I am now the proud owner of Trogdor the Boardgame. Yes, Trogdor comes in the mail! (Really it was FedEx but that doesn't matter)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate all messages, so please be paitient and if you didn't leave your name then I won't post your comment.