Sunday, May 17, 2020

Cocktail Project - Ace of Hearts- The Amsterdam

I've been working from home for nearly 60 days.   My standard pastimes of boardgames and RPGs
 are on mostly hiatus and the SCA events are canceled for the foreseeable future.  I getting bored and irritated.  More on the irritation for in another post.   

I thought to myself that I should try doing the cocktails thing again.   Unfortunately, the Boston Project was a bit too ambitious.  Too many drinks, the combinations were for a late 50's pallet and many of the ingredients were expensive or hard to come by.

Lucky for me, I have a caring wife.    In a trip to get provisions for our lockdown, she spotted Cocktail Party Bicycle Playing Cards.   Modern recipes with easy to get ingredients, this I can do.


Today's cocktail is the Amsterdam on the Ace of Hearts.

Made with gin, triple sec and orange juice. shaken over crushed ice but not strained and served in an Old Fashioned glass.  At first sip, the flavors were a bit off putting but after the ice melted a bit I came to like it.  I would drink it again.

Next up the Two of Hearts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate all messages, so please be paitient and if you didn't leave your name then I won't post your comment.