Sunday, May 24, 2020

Two of Hearts-Blackeye Martini

Things seem to be opening up here in the Delaware Valley region, with New Jersey permitting small gatherings and Bucks County set to go into the yellow phase of reopening.    It gives me a little hope that we can start to return to some state of normal, but I am also aware of the possibility of a second wave of the virus hitting the US harder then before.

As I was cleaning my barware today, I noticed the water was not hot. Then, I went to look at the heater and found was on a 85 degree angle.   So we called our HVAC company who declared it DOA. The bottom line, no hot water til Tuesday.  Anyway, on to the drink!



Two of Hearts-Blackeye Martini

Made with vodka, dry vermouth, and a black olive; stirred and served in a chilled glass.  It's a Vodka Martini with a black olive.  If that's your thing great, for me it was just meh.

I also don't understand why it was stirred.  You stir a martini because if it gets too cold the gin looses flavor but a vodka martini doesn't have that problem.   I also have a problem with drinks with a '-tini'
suffix but I will save that for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate all messages, so please be paitient and if you didn't leave your name then I won't post your comment.