Saturday, January 1, 2022

From the depths of LJ-Nov. 7th, 2005

 This weekend was fun. I went down to Maryland to be the besy man in a buddy's wedding. It seemed like all of the SCA household that I'm in was there, along with many other people that I haven't seen in years.


I must say that being the best man is a strange experience. But I can't put my finger on why.


Here's the toast that I gave. It isn't 100% original but I thought it was good.

Before beginning, I'd like to offer my sincerest gratitude to J and M for allowing me to be part of this special occasion. Also, I would like to say thank you to Mr. L for all that you've done to make this the special day that it is. And, of course, my gratitude to Mr. and Mrs. L for all of your support and all that you've done to make this, by all accounts, the perfect day.

In our lifetimes, we are gifted a small number of truly "landmark moments". They start small enough, say, riding a two-wheeler bicycle or throwing your graduation cap high into the air.

They grow in power and significance; some of you have seen the moment when a doctor tells you, "it's a girl," or, "it's a boy," and then hands you that perfect little life that you created. And it must be a perfect moment when you look into the eyes of the most loving, caring, giving, individual that you've ever known and realize you've found true love.

A moment like this and the commitment which follows should be celebrated to its fullest. And so, I contend to all present that it is our duty to ensure that this moment in the lives of J and M does not pass unrecognized.
And in celebrating their happiness we might just make this one of the landmark moments of our own lives.

Here's to J and L, a life of years, free of tears, bottoms up and lots of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate all messages, so please be paitient and if you didn't leave your name then I won't post your comment.