Sunday, January 30, 2022

D&D Homebrew World Lore-Orcs

What if I were told you everything you knew about orcs was wrong?

Sit and listen to my tale...

Far removed from the nomadic raiders that the bards tell of, exists the city state of Ag Mushnudh.   During the Age of Rebirth the Gnomish god Garl Glittlergold made a wager with Gruumsh, the orc god of conquest, survival, strength, and territory, that he could steal a tribe of his worshipers from him.

The proud god accepted and told Garl he had a year,   Garl smiled and said "I don't need a year, as I already have them."   With a snap of Garl's fingers the god were transported to s secluded valley filled with gnomes and orcs,   There was laughing and singing but not from the gnomes.

"My people has taught them farming and irrigation.  The bounty of the land has softened their need for conquest.  No longer raiding as their hunger was no concern, they have turned to music, art and emotion."

The orc god vowed revenge but that is tale another for a time


Orcs in my world are ruled by their emotions.  In the savage tribes they follow anger and envy but ones raised in other civilizations feel a tempest of strong emotions.   The don't have a crush on a sweetheart but a torrent of passion, they don't get irritated but go into a white hot incandescent rage and the saying "Even an orc would not know my grief" speaks for its self.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate all messages, so please be paitient and if you didn't leave your name then I won't post your comment.