Wednesday, February 29, 2012

#20 American Grog!

Fabled beverage of song and story! Favorite of pirates and scallywags.   From what I've heard it actually was an attempt to make the rum aboard a ship unpalatable. I don't know if that's the truth but here it is


American Grog


1 Lump of sugar
Juice of 1/4 lemon
1.5 oz of Rum (Ronrico)

Fill hot whiskey glass with hot water and stir.

Not bad,  needs a bit more sugar or a different rum.   If I had the flu, this would be good.

Now I remember a certain blogger that sang about grog in his younger days, maybe he'll do a You Tube video for tonight's drink.........

Oh and hit my Amazon Link and shop, I get a kickback. :)

Next up: Apple Brandy Cocktail

No comments:

Post a Comment

I moderate all messages, so please be paitient and if you didn't leave your name then I won't post your comment.