Monday, June 20, 2011

An open letter to DC Comics

Well, I've been meaning to have a bit of a talk with you. Some of us are worried about your actions, the seem....whats the word I'm looking for.....self distrctive. Your actions with your movies are hurting us and your self more then you think. The Green Lantern film shows this all too well, and I haven't seen it.

You need to stop with the marketing tie ins at least until a sequel is made. Seeing Reece's schill your movie along with peanut butter cups doesn't make me want to see it.

Stop casting the wrong actors for charicters, even if they are minor charicters. I like Angela Bassett but my geek-o-meter runs cries foul when you have her play Amanda Waller. Wasn't Patricia Belcher from Bones avaiable to work?

Lastly, the special effects are not the only thing in a movie. Compairing Oa to Thor's Asgard, Oa looks like ass. The CGI costumes don't work for me at all, I want to see iconic looks not fancy energy patterns. I suspect pure fxsploitation.

I think that covers it. We'll talk again soon DC about Superman.

1 comment:

  1. As I type this, Green Lantern Converse sneakers are moving around in an ad animation. I agree. Marketing campaigns are way out of hand. What could be a great film with artistic integrity turns into a lengthy infomercial for junk food. I'm glad there was no video game release with The Dark Knight (admittedly, I really liked the action figures for that one). Thor was great, and I would eat Reeses with or without Hal Jordan waving them in my face.

    ReplyDelete

I moderate all messages, so please be paitient and if you didn't leave your name then I won't post your comment.