Because of a few people dropping out of my superhero game that I've been running I'm switching over to 5th edition D&D. That means variant rules must be deiced, house rules have to be codified and a world created. I have most of the in my head but I have to get some information in to the hands of the players.
So lets start with the Players Handbook.
1. House rule: Dark Elves (Drow)- Are considered an uncommon race and have to follow any uncommon race rules. see below.
2. Human - The Variant Human Traits rule from p.31 is allowed.
3.House rule: Uncommon races- All uncommon races have to be approved by the DM before play. There are story reasons for this house rule.
4. House rule: Ability scores- Upon rolling abilities, if the totaled modifiers is less then zero the player can re-roll all scores.
5. Backgrounds: The Retainers feature for the Nobel background is available. p. 135
6. Backgrounds: The Bad Beputation for Sailor is available. p. 139
7. Customization options: All of chapter 6 is open for use,
8. Spells- Some spells may have to be completely rewritten to fit the setting. (i.e. Find Familiar and Summon Steed).