Sunday, February 19, 2012

No. 11-Alaska Cocktail

It's been a while but hey if I had more readers (or more people using my amazon links) I'd post more often. Now on to to the cocktail....
North of the Great White North, the last wilderness......
This cocktail probably has nothing to with our 49th state but the Chartreuse may evoke the gold rush, I don't know.

Alaska Cocktail

2 dashes of Orange Bitters
1 1/2 oz of Gin (Bombay Sapphire)
3/4 oz of Yellow Chartreuse

Stir well with cracked ice and strain into a 3oz glass.

No photo today due to technical issues, but the taste is kind of medicinal.   Maybe I put in too much bitters or I'm not use to the taste of Chartreuse  but no Sir I don't like it.

Next up:  American Grog


2 comments:

  1. have you had other Chartreuse drinks, and did they taste similarly?
    (and yuck, alcohol)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, never but I actually made a mistake, I made the drink too cold. After it warmed up there was a floral flavor, tasty but not to my palate.

      Delete

I moderate all messages, so please be paitient and if you didn't leave your name then I won't post your comment.